CHRIS ANTHONY SPEAKING / APPEARANCES
Chris Anthony is available for corporate, public, private or charitable speaking engagements.
- Corporate Events
- Private Events
- Charity / Fundraisers
- School Visits as an extension of the “Chris Anthony Youth Initiative Project”
With over 27 years of traveling and filming with the iconic documentary film company Warren Miller Entertainment, Chris’s library of content is filled with engaging and entertaining material.
Chris can pull material from a menu of topics and either tie them to the theme or focus of your event or take the audience on an unusual or educational journey around the planet with utilizing amazing cinema photography and story.
Utilizing the sport of skiing and his years as an athlete with Warren Miller Entertainment, Chris can combine exotic film footage with a number of educational or inspiring stories. Chris talks about moving beyond the comfort zone to discover more about what we have inside us as individuals.
- Dealing with Peer Pressure and Group Think Dynamics:
A very entertaining multi-media presentation with a wonderful lesson entangled in the story. The topic hits close to home for both children and adults alike. Both populations deal with an overwhelming amount of peer pressure. The balance between conformity and individuality is a fine line to walk while maintaining group function or maintain friends amongst your peers. From the playground, to the office, who we are as a personality can sometimes be surrendered. It is hard to hold onto our core values and maintain discipline, common sense and integrity amongst a group made up of various personality types while undertaking a task as a team.
Chris utilizes a moments during a Warren Miller film shoot where he let his ego and the pressure of the moment cloud his judgment. He looks to the audience to help him break it down this case study so next time he makes the right decision. While the audience learns from taking part in this exercise.
- “CLIMB TO GLORY”
A historical documentary Anthony appears in as well as helped to develop as a producer with Warren Miller Entertainment and the Colorado Ski and Snowboard Museum. The story of the United States first winter mountain troop infantry unit. The Army’s WWII 10th Mountain Division (1941-45) covers their impact on World, American and Colorado history. The story spans from 1939 to current day and really touches on how the group of men and women overcame obstacles, as part of the “Greatest Generation” This award-winning film is amazing.
Enjoy the film with Chris as a personality on screen and a producer.
- A Geographical, Cultural and Scientific journey around the planet:
Chris Anthony has traveled extensively with the Warren Miller Film Team. Enabling for him to have exquisite film stock and stores from those adventures. This talk provides material that will transport the audience from their seats to a variety of geographical regions around our planet and visit a variety of cultures and environments.
- The Long Cold Walk:
A journey into North Western China to the boarder of Mongolia to track down an ancient civilization of skiers. Rock carvings found in this part of the world dating back 5,000 years show records of an ancient society that skis. What makes this unique is that a number of descendents are alive and living the same way as their ancestors. Chris and the Warren Miller crew trekked into the Altay Mountains to find this group and document it.
- A Journey through the Years:
Chris Anthony has been skiing for the cameras of Warren Miller Entertainment for 27 years. During that time he has worked with some of the best cinema photographers and athletes in the industry. He has also had the opportunity to visit a variety of location on the planets.
- Ecuador — Climbing and skiing 19,300 foot on the Cotopaxi Volcano.
- Iran — Traveling into the Middle East with a team skiers and cameramen to climb, ski and experience the Islamic culture of Iran.
- Kazakhstan — Traveling into the former Soviet Union to ski, climb and experience the culture.
- Norway — Skiing at night above the Arctic Circle in the middle of night.
- Bridgeport Nevada U.S. MARINE CORP — Chris, with a group of four other freeskiers, was inserted into active training with the US Marine Corps at the winter training facility.
- The USS Nimitz, aircraft carrier (Location unknown) – Used a comical segment that is connected to a crazy event in Alaska, the Arctic Man competition.
- Alaska – Participated in and filmed the Arctic Man competition.
- Italy / Slovenia – The Northwestern portion of Italy and the Julian Alps.
- China / Altay – “The Long Cold Walk” The crew went on one of the most epic journeys a Warren Miller crew has ever taken into northwestern China in search of an ancient tribe of skiers.
- Colorado/ 10th Mountain Division – 2012-13 segment. A look back at the winter division of the Army’s Greatest Generation and their impact on the current ski industry
“The destination becomes secondary to the journey”.
Chris also has a library of documentaries.
- “One Day Not Like the Rest” – A goofy retrospective of Chris’ career (produced in 2012)
- “A Skier’s Journal” – Creation of a Warren Miller film
- “The Long Cold Walk” – The journey into northwestern China to find an ancient tribe of Mongolian skiers
- “Behind the Film” – A retrospective of Chris’ career with Warren Miller from 1989 to 2009
- Warren Miller’s Global Journey “Iran” – Needs to be Transferred
- Warren Miller’s Global Journey “Ecuador” – Needs to be Transferred